The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel or the “Caley” as it has become affectionately known in Edinburgh, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence.
The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city’s west end.
The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but also as a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality.
The Caley’s pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset.
Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times.
The hotel’s reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903.