Weddings at Pollard’s Mill – let them help you make the organization of your wedding a wonderful experience on the beautiful island of Barbados.
Surrounded by cane fields Pollards Mill in St Philip Barbados is a hidden gem. Pollards Mill is an old Barbadian Plantation House, built in 1712 it was an actual working sugar plantation, hence the name. The historic mill is situated in the grounds and makes a stunning backdrop for wedding ceremonies. There are fantastic tropical gardens attracting humming birds and colourful butterflies; plus the addition of a sea view makes it a special and romantic place for a idyllic day. The grounds extend to 2.5 acres and are divided into different areas suitable for a variety of styles and numbers of guests.
The large Lower Lawn can accommodate a marquee which will comfortably hold 500 people for a seated meal. The more secluded upper lawn will accommodate up to 100 to 110 people and is ideal for more intimate gatherings. Included in the price of the venue is use of their luxury Garden Suite Apartment for the night before and the night of the wedding.
They have their own rental equipment, which includes marquees 30 x 40 with all accessories (lining, lighting, cathedral walls, solid walls and leg drapes) and smaller marquees for catering and bar, tables, chairs, china and glassware, enough for 200 and not forgetting cutlery. On comparing the costs of weddings they find it much less expensive to hold a wedding at Pollards Mill than the UK. They can organise everything for you from caterers to the hire of stilt walkers!
Included FREE in the price of the venue are the following –.
- 2 nights in the bridal suite complimentary items provided (chocolates, wine, flowers, bath oils/shower gel etc.)
- Breakfast foods provided in the kitchenette
- Adjacent bedroom for changing
- Complimentary decorating of the mill, with the colours of your wedding theme.
- Chairs padded in the mill for signing the register
- Sashes for the chairs for ceremony or reception
- DJ tent
- Catering/bar structure (upper lawn)
- Catering/bar tent 20’ x 12’ (lower lawn)
- Wedding arch (lower lawn)
- Toilets in the grounds
- Stunning lighting throughout the grounds
- Tent erection with accessories if being used
- Set up of tables in the tent according to table plan if required.
- There is also luxury accommodation available for an extra 10 / 11 guests